The MJC Environmental Affairs Department was founded in 2006 by Shaykh Dr Muhammad Ridwaan Gallant. The first meeting was held in September 2006 at St Athens Road Masjid. The initial members were from the community who were busy with environmental work and research.
Aims and Objectives
- Raise environmental awareness
- Formulate policy and ethical guidelines within our faith communities
- Facilitate environmental responsibility and action
- Confront environmental and socio-economic injustices
- Support environmental training and learning